To be considered for a “play-up” during the regular season…
● “Play ups” will only be permitted on Racers AAA U10, U12 and U16 teams.
● The player must display dominance in practice and games at his/her age group.
● The player must show that he or she is not challenged by the top opponents at their own age group.
● Being the best player on their own team at a given age group is not reason enough to “play up.”
● The player in consideration must prove, in tryouts that he or she is clearly able to contribute significantly with the older AAA team.
● Goaltenders must prove, in tryouts, that they are clearly the number one goalie for the older AAA team.
● Additional criteria used for evaluation:
● Physical development of the player
● Emotional & intellectual “readiness” of the player to play with an older age group.
● Ability of the team receiving the play-up to “support” the younger player.
● Per USA Hockey and Mid-Am policy, players may not play up from U12 to U14.
● To attend tryouts for an older team, the player and his or her family must have approval from the Executive Director and the IYHA Board prior to May 1 for the upcoming fall season. Written requests must be submitted to the Executive Director on or before April 25, 2017. No exceptions will be made.
● Players may NOT register for nor attend a tryout outside their appropriate age division without written permission from Derek Edwardson.